Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Shopping this week

I know it's been awhile, I was sick last week and then my daughter got sick, couponing was not a priority.  I'm back this week in full force and had a big haul I wanted to share with you.

Here's what I got:




Ok here's the scoop, 3 stores and a bunch of savings.

First stop Stop 'n Shop.

They didn't have everything I wanted it, but since I wasn't looking to make money (store dollars) it didn't hurt the trip.

1 - Old El Paso Vegetarian Refried Beans $1.00 on sale
2 - 8 oz Daisy Sour Cream $1.00 each  on sale
Green Grapes on sale for $1.99/lb = $ 4.12

Total before in store savings $12.81
Total savings                        $ 5.69
Total OOP                          $ 7.12
Savings                                   44%


Next stop Acme.

2 - Mrs. T's Pierogies on sale 2/ $5 - used 1 - $1 off 2
2 - Perfect Portion Perdue Chicken Breasts on sale BOGO - used 2 - $1 off 1

Total before savings           $  29.76
Total Savings                     $  16.77
Total OOP                        $  12.99
Savings                                    56%

Final stop Shop Rite.  This was the big stop.  Shop Rite is having their Dollar Days promotion going on for the next couple weeks.  This is a good time to stock up on snacks and paper products.  Not only do you save with their on sale items and using coupons, but you also get money back to use on future orders.  I love this time of year!  I didn't break up my shopping trip to use the bucks I earned, but I saved them all for my next trip to use on meat, fruits and veggies. 

On to the loot!

First Deal (Buy any 12 General Mills items listed in circular and get $10 for your next trip)

2 - Nature Valley Granola Bars 2/$5 - used 1 - $.50 off 2 coupon (doubled)
4 - Betty Crocker Fruit Grushers 2/$4 - used 2 - $.50 off 2 coupons (doubled)
2 - Chex Mix 2/$4 - used 1 - $.50 off 2 coupon (doubled)
2 - Betty Crocker Fun da-Middles cupcake mixes - used 2 $.50 off 1 coupons (doubled) 
2 - Simply Go-Gurt - used 1 $.75 off 2 (doubled)

Second Deal (Buy any 5 Kimberly Clark items listed in circular and get $5 for your next trip)

1 - 3 pack Kleenex Tissues $5.49 - used 1 - $.50 off 3 pack (doubled)
1 - Kleenex Hand Towels $ 2.79 - used 1 - $.75 off 1 (doubled)
3 - U by Kotex $3.49 each - used 3 - $1.00 off 1

Third Deal (buy any 6 Unilever items listed in circular and get $3 for your next trip)

3 - Ragu Lite No Sugar pasta sauce 3/$4 - used 1 - $1 off 2
2 - Wish Bone Salad Dressings 2/$4 - used 1 - $.65 off 2 (doubled)
2 - Knorr Pasta Sides (10 for $10) - used 1 - $.50 off 2 (doubled)

Other items not included in a Shop Rite Dollar Day deal:

2 - Scott Moist Wipes $1.99 each - used 2 - $.50 off 1 (doubled)
2 - Chi-Chi's tortillas $1.99 each - used 2 - $.50 off 1 (doubled)
3 - Chicken of the Sea tuna $1.00 each
1 lb Black Bear White American Cheese $4.99/lb ($5.03)
1 Cucumber  $.66
5 lb Potatoes $1.99
Bananas $ .49/lb ($.98)
Red Peppers $1,99/lb ($1.39)
Broccolli Crown $.99/lb ($1.56)
1 - VO5 Shampoo $.77
1 - VO5 Conditioner $.77
2 - Hotel Bar Butter $2.99 each
Baby Carrots $1.69
Lettuce $1.69
Sweet Onions $1.29/lb ($.94)
1- 22 count Hefty Trash Bags $3.00 - used 1 - $1 off 1

Trip Total    $130.32
Amount Saved $ 56.28
Total OOP   $  74.04
Total Saved 43%
Total Future Bucks $18!

Well after this trip we are fulled stocked on snacks for a few months and the cupboards are full!  Dare I say it?  Bring on the snow!  LOL

OH I almost forgot!  For each of those deals I completed above you also get a coupon for a free reusuable shopping bag!  So there's 3 more of those. (regular price $.99 each)

There are a lot of different ways to get the Shop Rite deals, check your circulars and coupons and see what works best for you and if you need any help, please let me know.  I'd be glad to help you save money!  Figuring out Dollar Day deals is one of my favorite things.  What 12 items can I get for the least money OOP and still get the bucks back?! 

Anyway, it was a decent day all in all, with an average savings of 48% for the day.  Any savings are good savings.

Also, I have a lot of coupons expiring, so when you are looking at the circular, making your lists and don't have a coupon for a certain item, let me know, I may have what you are looking for and am more than happy to share!  (Just ask the women I gave 2 Chi Chi tortilla coupons to today :) )

Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment