Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

50 % Savings at Stop 'n Shop

I wasn't planning on going to Stop 'n Shop this week, until I looked at the circular.  I forgot that Stop 'n Shop and Giant have the same parent company.  Stop 'n Shop has a better coupon policy than Giant though, so I may leave Giant behind and stick with Stop 'n Shop. (Can I say Stop 'n Shop more?  :) ) The coupon policy for Giant is; you can use 4 like coupons, but only the first one is doubled up to $ .99.  Stop 'n Shop will let you use (from my purchase today) at least 4 like coupons and they double each one up to $ .99.  I asked at the customer service desk and she thought, but wasn't sure, that they will double up to 6 like coupons.  I'll have to check the website for the official policy, but this is what I know for fact right now.  The most important thing is to ask if you don't know, that's why they are there.







On to my purchase:  (I had to separate lists, one for Shop Rite and one for Giant, I was able to knock both out at this one store for almost the same price.  I paid a bit more on a couple things, but not enough to make much of a difference.) 


4 - Purina One Beyond Dog Food  2/ $12
 used 4 - $5 off 1 bag
4 - Viva Paper Towels $ 2.45
 used 4 - $.75 off 1 (doubled)
 3 Hamburger Helper 2/$3
  used 1 - $.75 off 3 (doubled)
1 Hefty gallon storage bags 2/$4
1 Hefty quart freezer bags
 used 1 - $.75 off 3 (doubled)
2 Laughing Cow wedges 2/$6
 used 1 - $1 off 2
2 Gushers $2.89 each (hate this wasn't on sale)
 used 1 - $.50 off 3 (doubled)
Pack of Beef stew meat (managers special)  - $2.37
2 Steaks (managers special) - $4.02
2 Scrubbing Bubbles Toilet Gel 2/7
 used 1 - $1 off 2
2 Sugar Free Jello Puddings 2/$6
 used 2 - $.60 off 1 (doubled)
1 Pillsbury Cake mix $1 - Homemade Valentine's Day gift for Hubby and only $1!
1 Friendship sour cream $1.16
used 1 $.55 off 1 {did not double :( }
Store brand sharp cheddar cheese block $ 3.29 ( hated this price too, but I didn't have to go to Shop Rite)
2 Kraft Shredded cheeses 2/$6
 used 1 - $.55 off 2 (doubled)
3 Scott Tissues 10/$10
 used 1 - $.30 off 3 (doubled)
Flour - $2.29
5 lbs Potato's $ 2.99 ( if you are going to Shop Rite this is one sale for $1.49)
1 case Poland Spring water bottles $3.99

Total before coupons $ 128.97 (includes tax)
Total OOP                $   65.68 that's 51% savings

Before you all think I am like one of those nuts on TLC's Extreme Couponing - I have a lot of fruits and veg already at home.  I didn't need any this trip, I like my produce to be nice and fresh, I'll go when we are running low. 

There you have it!  I pretty decent shopping trip. I think any savings are good savings, would like to break the 60% mark someday.  That's my goal. 

Happy Shopping!

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff! Do you still have the Scrubbing Bubbles gel coupons for me? :-) Btw, here's a link to the Stop n Shop coupon policy: http://www.stopandshop.com/customer_service/faqs/index.htm?q=shopping. You can double up to 4 coupons and up to 12 additional, identical, coupons at face value for a total of 16 identical coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have the coupons for you.

    Thanks for posting the FAQ page, I was going to look it up later.

    I'll drop the coupons by your house on my way to work tomorrow. Check you mailbox :)

    ReplyDelete