Search This Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Acme Trip Tomorrow 2/12/12

Tomorrow my daughter will be selling Girl Scout Cookies at our local Acme, this is the perfect time for a shopping trip for me! 

Last time I went to Acme, I shopped the wrong circular, I forgot they changed over for Fridays and not Sundays like other stores I shop.  A quick adjustment to my list and I got a couple things I needed.

Anyway,  I going to give me my list, with coupons and transactions, and then I'll let you know about a few other good deals out there in Acme world.

Transaction #1:

2 Emerald Nuts 16 oz jars 2/$4
use 2 $1/1 coupon = $2  (get back $1 coupon to be used later, I'm going to call these Acme Bucks from here on out.)

3 Yoplait with Granola 3/$6
use 3 $.75/1 (doubled) = 1.50 (get back $1 Acme Buck)

2 Oral B toothbrushes 2/$4
Use 1 $.75/2 (doubled) = $2.50 (get back $1 Acme Buck)

Total OOP = $6.00

Transaction # 2:

2 Blue Diamond Almonds 2/$5
Use 2 $1/1 = $3.00
1  Betty Crocker cake mix
use 1 in circular coupon $.88
use 1 $.35/1 = $.18

Total OOP $ 3.18

Transaction # 3

1 Scott Toilet Paper $ 7.99
Use 1 $1/1 8 rolls or more Scott Extra Soft
Use 3 $1 Acme bucks = $3.99 (get back $1 Acme Buck)

Total OOP = $3.99

Transaction # 4
2 Skippy Peanut Butter $1.99 each
Use $1 Acme Buck = $2.98

Total OOP $ 2.98

Total spent on the day (before tax)  = $ 16.15

Hopefully this trip goes as planned.  I'll let you know tomorrow.
Once again I know it doesn't seem like I buy a lot of food stuffs, but this house is stocked and Shop Rite has better prices on produce this week -  $.99/lb for Grapes and $.49/lb for Bananas Whoo Hoo!

Other good buys at Acme this week - based on coupons I have...

Ken's Salad Dressing $1
Buy 3 and use 1 Buy 2 Get one free coupon = $2 for 3
Tysen Chicken Strips  or Seasoned Steak Strips 6 oz package $2.99 each get back $1 Acme Buck
Use 2 $1/1 = $3.98
Tidy Cat Litter  14 lbs $5.99 Get Back $1 Acme Buck
Use 1 $1/1 7lbs or larger = $4.99

This is what I found based on my coupons, hopefully you'll find more using your own coupons!

Happy Shopping!





2 comments:

  1. I have to be honest with you. This hurts my brain. I would just buy all this as one transaction. How do you figure this out and do you really have 4 transactions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just look to see what way I will save the most money. I make my list from the circular, see what coupons I have, and when there are "Acme Bucks" I break it down in a way I can use the coupons and the free bucks the best way. Using coupons in the first transaction I am spending $6 and saving $8 off the sale price. It's completly worth taking a bit of time and going thru and seeing what you can do. It's a pain when you first get started, but becomes quite easy and quick after doing it a few times. I don't need to do huge shopping trips because I have so much (but not too much) stuff in the house. Just need keep up with the sales.

    ReplyDelete