Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Big OOOPS Today




I just got back from Giant.  I had my whole order planned out to the penny.

I knew exactly what I was going to get, I knew exactly how much it was going to cost and then I rang it up.  Now don't get me wrong I LOVE U-scan, it truly is the best thing since sliced bread, BUT...
Sometimes you forget to ring something up and it completely messes up your order.

Yup that's what I did today.  I had everything good to go, exactly what I wanted and then I forgot to ring up the A-1 sauce.  Doesn't sound like a big deal right.. well it was.  I was buying enough stuff, all with coupons, to purchase $20 worth of items to get an additional $7 back from the store.  Well after I paid for my order, even with the oops, I went to customer service and told them what I did. 

No problem there, I paid for the A-1 and they in turn handed $7 back to me. 

I guess what I am saying is don't be afraid to go to customer service if you make an error, be nice and don't freak out and they will help you the best way possible.

The final outcome of the day: (The Giant I go to doubles coupons up to $.99)

2 Tysens Anytizers (2 for $5) $1.00 off 2 coupon
2 Blue Diamond Almonds (2 for $5) $.75 off 2 coupon
2 Knorr Pasta Sides  ($1.00 each) $ .50 off 2 coupon
1 Bertolli dinner ($5.99) $1.00 off 1 coupon
1 A- 1 Steak Sauce ($2.99 each) $1.00 off 1 coupon
All of the above also qualified for an automatic $7.00 off,  in store Catalina, at check out
2 All Laundry Soap ($3.99 each) 2 - $1.00 off 1 coupons

Total before coupons:                                                $  43.18
Savings (Giant sales, coupons and the $7 Catalina):    $  28.72

Total Out of Pocket (OOP):                                       $  14.82

I saved 67%  my best yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment